We all know how important and how demanding LKG Admission Interview have become in recent times. There is a mad rush of putting your child in the best school to get the best education and the interviews are conducted from pre nursery or pre primary levels for both ; the child and the parents.
Although interviews are equally important for school as they help the school authorities to figure out your child’s readiness for the LKG or kindergarten entry and also helps the school to know a student much beyond the academics part.
Parent’s Role in LKG Admission Interview
During the parent and school authorities conversation/interview, the process also helps parents to question and inquire anything which they would like to know more about that particular school.It can be considered as an opportunity to clear your doubts about the school.
The struggle of getting your toddler cross the hurdle of the first interview can be testing and this exercise starts from deciding the school to getting admission and settling your precious one in a whole new school environment. We have been noticing how tough and complex the whole admission procedure has become in today’s competitive education world, earlier a child used to get admission easily but now it has become a Herculean task to put your tot in a reputed school. The interviews are not limited and in some cases there are written tests as well. It is a testing time to prepare your child for the interview and also to let him/her know the school norms and their testing style.
Overcoming the Fear of LKG Admission Interview
The preschool or LKG Admission Interview can be a nerve wrecking experience for both you and your child but there are ways to correctly prepare yourself and your child to make the process go smoothly and to gain confidence of cracking the first interview. You can nail the LKG Admission Interview process thinking ahead to the kinds of questions your child will be asked to answer, you can talk with your child, and make the whole interview experience a little less scary thing for your precious little tot.
The interviews are most often designed to help school authorities to assess the key developmental milestones, including the child’s ability to:
- answer the questions asked.
- follow simple instructions.
- answer questions, some of them may be open-ended and a bit difficult too.
- recognise numbers,colours, letters and shapes.
- solve the simple problems, given through puzzles.
With the help of the questions given below you can help your child prepare for them and some questions which are similar to them, so go through them and help your tot nail the interview
Sample Questions for LKG Admission Interview :
- Can you identify and tell me what shape is this?
- Who is your most loved cartoon hero or heroine ?
- How old are you ?
- When is your birthday?
- What do your parents’ do ?
- Do you have a brother or sister ?
- Can you tell me the names of your siblings ?
- Which is your favourite colour ?
- Can you identify and tell me what colour this is ?
- Which is your favourite nursery rhyme or poem ?
- Which is your favourite story and which character you love or like the most in it ?
- What do you want to become when you grow up?
- What do you like to eat?
- Which animals do you like?
- Do you have any pets at home?
- What is the name of your pet and how do you take care for your pet?
- Can you identify and tell me which animal is in the picture ?
- Identify which bird is in the picture ?
- Can you tell me the name of the vegetable in the picture ?
- Identify which flower this is and what colour is it ?
- Who is this ? (pictures of professions)
- Can you tell me which means of transport this is ?
- Can you recite your favourite poem or nursery rhyme ?
- Do you like playing with numbers ?
- Can you count from 10 to 20 for me ?
- Do you like painting ? What do you like to paint ?
- What letter is this ? (Showing a flash card )
Few other Points to Ponder
Although it might seem tempting to interrupt or coax your child during the interview to force answers out of them but it is also the time to keep calm and let your child confidently speak for himself/herself as it will help them to go and succeed in many more future interviews. Give lots and lots of confidence to your child and also follow some important points for the big day like :
- Devise a proper plan
- Keep practicing with your little one and make a routine
- Always praise your child
- Encourage them to talk
- Do not stress your child in fact make the whole learning thing fun
- Make your child excited and happy to attend the school
- Dress neatly on the day of interview
Keep having small mock interviews with your child which will give them the much needed boost before the big day of interview.Admission process is a big task for parents as they want their piece of heart to study in the best school possible, it goes the same way for the school as they correctly judge the child with their admission interview process. So make your precious one face the interview with confidence and ease !